Daily Contradictions

By. Eleven Something

Life in the Advertising Industry.

Old People

By Mr. Eleven Something.


Some who are very close to me know that I'm driven by envy and jealousy. I get envious over the stupidest things. Like my cousin's new toy, or how intelligent some of my friends, how tall some people can be or how ridiculously good looking some people are. Yea...silly thing like that. On the plus side, i use this to drive me to work harder, endure more and basically try get better at things.

So anyways, I keep seeing these old people exercising or just taking their morning walks every time i go early to the office, around 7am ish. Every time I see them, i get so envious that it scares me. I imagine that these people must have lead a good life and made some right choices to be able to live in a good neighborhood and actually have the time in their older years to enjoy morning walks and look so tranquil. So care-free. ARRGH! i cant stand it. I want my life to be like that one day too. To take my own time doing thing that i like. Leave all the rushes behind. Leave all of the stress behind. To actually stand completely still and let the world pass you by. To be old and looking back at my life without remorse or much regret would be simply wonderful.

1 Comment

I'm sure you've heard of the grass being greener on the other side! Those old guys you see exercising every morning may be just as envious of you!! - a young man, active, go-getter, great car, having an exciting job as oppose to those guys' regular, boring exercise mornings, same coffee shop talk after exercising, and back to a day of banal existence!

Post a Comment