Daily Contradictions

By. Eleven Something

Life in the Advertising Industry.

Quotes

By Mr. Eleven Something.

I've been reading Reader's digest for awhile now. I even got a 1979 issue where they actually have a Bahasa Malaysia section (amazing!). So anyways I just realize that in their 'Quotable Quotes' section, there are more Hollywood celebrity quotes than before. Sometimes ALL the quotes are celebrity quotes. I don't have anything against Hollywood celebrity but some of these quotes are not what it used to be. Call me old fashion but judge for yourselves.

Reader's Digest, September 1992 - Quotable Quotes.
"Be bold in what you stand for and be careful what you fall for" - Ruth Boorstin in The Wall Street Journal

COMPARED TO

Reader's Digest, December 2003 - Quotable Quotes.
"I still believe that love is all you need. I dont know a better message than that" - Paul McCartney


AIYAAA!!


2 Comments

As the Editor-in-Chief of Reader's Digest in Asia, I have to agree with your comment. However, I think it has more to do with people, including celebrities, not having as good things to say any more than we editors not picking better quotes. In any case, thanks for reading and we will strive to do a better job of it all in the future. Besides Quotable Quotes, what parts do you like in the Digest?

wow, i didn't know anyone besides a few close friends reads this blog. what more the editor-in-chief. Honestly, i cant get enough of Life's like that. makes me smile after a long day at work. Oh, and the RD challenge is superb. Cheers!

Post a Comment